Minister for Disability Services and Community Development
A multicultural Tasmania is good for diversity and the economy
Friday, 25th January 2019
The Hodgman Liberal Government is committed to fostering a welcoming and vibrant Tasmania that encourages migrants to call our State home.
One way the Government is working to empower Tasmanian communities is through providing $100,000 per year under the Multicultural Grants Program to enhance cultural diversity and promote social cohesion.
The Program has been developed through the Government’s Population Growth Strategy, which aims to encourage more people to move to Tasmania through job creation, migration and ensuring Tasmania is recognised as a welcoming community to live and work.
A total of 20 projects and events will be funded through the round of funding, including:
- Shia Association of Ahl-E-Bayt Tasmania: Persian Community Language School;
- Huon Valley Council: Huon Valley Harmony Festival
- A Fairer World: Hobart Human Library – Migrant Stories on Film;
- Ohlala & Co: Make Music Day – Fete de la Musique; and
- Hobart United Football Club: Multicultural Youth Development.
For a list of recipients, visit: https://bit.ly/2S281HW