Minister for Women
Notice of Motion – Telstra Tasmania Business Women’s Awards 2017
18 October, 2017
Mr Speaker, I give notice that on tomorrow I shall move that this House notes that:
- The 2017 Telstra Tasmanian Business Women’s Awards were held on Friday 13 October 2017.
- The Telstra Tasmanian Business Women’s Awards is a wonderful opportunity to recognise the many Tasmanian women who are excelling in business, government and across their communities. This is the 23rd year of the Awards, making it the longest standing national business awards program for women in Australia.
- The Award Winners were:
- 2017 Telstra Tasmanian Business Woman of the Year – Toni Moate, Director, National Collections and Marine Infrastructure, CSIRO who also won the Public Sector & Academia Award.
- Entrepreneur Award – Alison Flakemore, Director, Alison’s Garden & Landscape
- For Purpose and Social Enterprise Award – Janine Arnold, CEO, Carers Tasmania
- Corporate & Private Award – Camille O’Meara, General Manager, Business Services, Stornoway Maintenance
- Young Business Women’s Award – Dr Jessica Manuela, Practice Owner, Dental Surgeon and Director, Dental South
- These Tasmanian women can be very proud not only of their achievements but also of the positive example they set for other Tasmanian women. They are exemplary role models for women in our community, especially our young women.
- I congratulate Toni Moate and all of the Tasmanian Telstra Business Women Award nominees, finalists and category winners, and wish them all the very best for the national finals in Melbourne on 21 November 2017.