Notice of Motion – Know Your Odd Campaign
Minister for Human Services, the Hon Jacquie Petrusma MP
24 March, 2015
Madam Speaker, I give notice that on tomorrow I shall move that this House notes that:
- The next stage of the Know Your Odds campaign commenced on 22 March.
- This stage of the campaign has an important emphasis on intervention, aiming to raise awareness and knowledge of self-help strategies that can prevent problem gambling and promoting online self-help resources including online chat, email and counselling services.
- This approach is in response to the 2010 Productivity Commission Report into Gambling recommendations, particularly sections dealing with help seeking behaviours, stigma, and self-help and online support.
- The advertisements will be delivered through print, online smartphone, TV and Facebook advertising between 22 March and 30 May 2015.
- The Know Your Odds campaign is one of many in a range of services and programs provided by the Tasmanian Government that address gambling issues in the community, including community education programs, counselling services, grants programs to support community organisations, and Gamblers Help Hotline and Online.