Jacquie Petrusma,Minister for Sport and Recreation
Supporting Tasmania’s sport and recreation groups
Tuesday, 14 May 2019
The Hodgman Liberal Government is committed to supporting sport and recreation organisations across Tasmania, to grow participation and to help create a healthier population.
Twenty-nine organisations have been successful in receiving funds through the second round of the Sport and Recreation Minor Grants Program to assist clubs in providing equipment and to undertake facility upgrades.
Some of the projects to receive funding include:
- purchasing of equipment for Anglers Alliance Tasmania Inc;
- replacement of the cricket pitch at Collinsvale Oval for the Knights Cricket Club;
- upgrades of table tennis equipment for the Northern Tasmanian Table Tennis Association Inc;
- replacement sails for nine pacer sails training dinghies for the Port Cygnet Sailing Club; and
- upgrade of finish and timing equipment for the North West Athletic Club.
The Government recognises the power of sport and the role that local clubs play in engaging people from all parts of the community and fostering community connection. The Minor Grants program also assists sport and recreation clubs in increasing participation in sport and encouraging Tasmanians to be more active.
The Government is committed to improving the lives of all Tasmanians, and we have an ambitious target to reduce the State’s rate of obesity to below the national average by 2025.
A full list of successful applicants is available here.